Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SAN to MFR to HOU to CRP to SAN - (2/16-2/19)






SAN to MFR to IAH to CRP to SAN - (2/16-2/19)
        
Well this trip was a shit show. It's funny how traveling to crap weather is easier than just regular weather. If I'm honest, the only idiot this trip was me. This trip started out great. I met my sales guy Monday at SFO (to protect the guilty, let's call him Andy) at gate 77A for cocktails and lunch before our connection to Meford, OR. Andy is one of my favorites and I was jazzed to be traveling with him. We've had quite the adventure together last year which I really need to blog about because it's an amazing story that involves a "hot" rental car. Anyway, our flight to Medford was on a tiny plane which I've grown to love for many reasons. (Main reason: I can get a seat that's aisle AND window combined. I mean, I just can't even deal with that amazingness).  As soon as we walked on this older than dirt plane, we got slapped in the face with the scent of urine. Like, they hosed the inside down of this dump with it. Had I known that pee smelling planes from the Truman administration were in my future, I may have passed on this job. I sat down in my single seat (yes!) and Andy sat across from me next to a girl. Normally I'm not on board with chatting up neighbors on the plane but I sure was glad Andy had the chatter bug and started talking to her. All I know is one minute I was complaining about the smell and the next, I was being handed a car air freshener. I didn't ask any questions, I just grabbed it and hung it like so:


(FYI I did leave it behind for the next passenger. It was the right thing to do.)

While all the smelling issues were being addressed, I noticed the guy in front of me taking pictures out his window with three different camera phones. This made me think something important was about to happen. (Other than him needing to cut his greasy hair and remove his cubic zirconia diamond earrings). I couldn't figure it out so I decided to hop on the picture train and snap a few, in hopes I was catching something life changing. After looking at them again now, I think I can see Madonna down there! Hi Madge!



Andy and I got in our rental and immediately went to BWW so I could cross Oregon off my list:



To our delight, this town was small and next to one of the roads were giant puddles, swampy type puddles. We (ANDY) immediately took our Santa Fe SPORT Flying through them. I wish I had recorded this nonsense but I guess it's better to not have evidence. Well, live evidence anyway.


We returned Santa Fe with more than it originally came with. Whoopsie!!!

The only other note worthy part of this trip was driving back to the hotel with "Leave the pieces" by the Wreckers blaring in the Santa Fe and the amazing sight of Andy singing along to every word at the top of his lungs. If I were writing an entry in Andy's yearbook, it would be: "don't ever change, dude!" And I would have meant every word. 



The rest of this trip was a Texas (DFW) sized disaster hat I prefer not to relive through written word.

Until next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment